Wednesday, April 20, 2011

style statement.




I'm not going to pretend I am the trendiest turtle out there.

When it comes to fashion- out of the 3 Harman girls... I have always embraced the less-stylish and 'unafraid-of-what-people-think-of-me' type fashion. (probs the worst)

Recently my older sister Brooke had a FIC (fashion identity crisis)- She lives in sydney... where people are a LOT more stylish! Anyway to cut a long story short... I have been visiting her and little did I know this 'crisis' is rather contagious. I found myself not defining my style and being somewhat insecure about what I wore.
After all- what we wear says more than you know about your personality and self respect.

My fashion-existence came out of hibernation when a package was delivered to my sisters house on sunny afternoon. It was a package from AMAZON! What was inside? A book that has defined my opinion and enhanced my creativity.

This book is written by two fabulous women named, Carrie McCarthy and Danielle LaPorte.

Style statement has given me direction and taught me about true beauty- which can only be found within yourself.

Check out the website and if you're only allowed to buy one book this year... buy this one!

http://www.stylestatement.com/


Some of my favourite quotes within the book....


"STYLE IS THE LIGHTING OF LIFE-IT ACCENTUATES, DELINEATES, AND CONCEALS"


"CLING TO SIMPLICITY, SINCERITY, SERENITY AND THE POWER OF TRUTH"- I. CHING


"THE PRIVILEGE OF A LIFETIME IS BEING WHO YOU ARE"- JOSEPH CAMPBELL

1 comment:

  1. you could wear a paperbag and do it with great stlye and look amazing!

    ReplyDelete